The reader who came up the winner of Needleturn Appliqué: The Basics and Beyond is… No. 63, Judy G.! Congratulations! Judy says that she is very excited, both at receiving the book and because she never wins anything. Now you did! You will find a wealth of information about hand appliqué within the pages of this gorgeous book. Enjoy.
Thank you so much to everyone who included nice words about my own books and appliqué instructions. That gave me smiles.
For me, August was a time to regroup. I had no shows on my schedule and no major project to be pushing ahead with. I made a list as long as my arm of things to catch up on and get done during this window of opportunity, and I whittled away at it all month. Here are just a few of the more major items on the list.
• Reprinted Teapots 2 to Appliqué. Yay, its 4th printing!
• Caught up on Show & Tells. If you like teapots, cats, or dolls, be sure to go see the recent spate of lovely projects over at Kay’s Show & Tell Center.
• Sewed curtains for my sewing room, shabby chic ones made from a beloved old floral sheet that doesn’t fit our new bed. According to Dana, Max had “taken down” the old ones.
• Made pillowcases out of the leftover sheet fabric using Quiltmaker’s free pillowcase pattern.
• Did a major revamp on our back patio.
• Printed a bazillion patterns and ordered plenty of stock for upcoming shows.
• Prepped about a year’s worth of door prizes.
• Updated the Events pages on my website and here on the blog.
• Booked hotels for upcoming shows. There are a lot of them.
• Played with foster kittens.
It was a good thing I had August “off,” because September to early October is going to be a bear. A warm fuzzy bear, but a big old bear just the same. I have shows four weekends in a row. Here’s where I’ll be in the next little while.
Sept 15-16, 2012
Sierra Quilt Guild Show
I had a lovely time last year at this show in historic Sonora, California, and I’m looking forward to my return visit! All the details are at www.sierraquiltguild.com.
Sept 20-22, 2012
Northwest Quilting Expo
I’m not even coming home in between, but heading straight up to Portland, Oregon for my first time at this big show. Hope to see you there! All the details are at www.nwquiltingexpo.com.
Sept 29-30, 2012
Quilting by the Bay
I’ll be home for a few days, then I won’t have far to travel to this show put on by the Peninsula Quilters Guild in San Mateo, California. The guild has lots of fun activities planned, including a kids’ treasure hunt, demonstrations, and raffle basket opportunities. All the details are at www.PeninsulaQuilters.org.
Oct 6-7, 2012
Simi Valley Quilt Guild Show
Back to southern California! The theme of this year’s show, held in Simi Valley, is “Celebrate.” The guild website is www.simivalleyquiltguild.org.
I’m ready… I think… let me just go check that list…